What is Microsoft Office 2019?
Microsoft Office 2019 is the latest standalone version of Microsoft’s Office software. Like previous versions, Microsoft Office 2019 includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access 2019, Publisher 2019, and Visio 2019.
Whilst Microsoft has shifted its efforts to its subscription based cloud service, Office 365, Office 2019 allows users to pay a one-time fee to get access to Microsoft services forever. Office 2019 is also useful for those that prefer to save and access their files offline without cloud backups.
The Top New Changes to Microsoft Office 2019
For a quick summary, here is a look at the top new changes that have come to Office 2019. Keep in mind that all of these changes will also be made available for Office 365. If you already have an active 365 subscription, you’ll be able to take advantage of these changes immediately.
- Scalable Vector Graphics for Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Translator in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Create Math Equations with LaTeX equation in Word
- Create smoother animations and movements with Morph in PowerPoint
- New navigation feature called Zoom for PowerPoint
- Use Surface Pen to navigate slides in PowerPoint
- Exciting new functions in Excel
- More powerful Inking functionality for all of Office 2019
In addition to Click-to-Run, the following are some other changes that you need to be aware of:
- Office 2019 is supported on Windows 10 but isn’t supported on Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. For more information, review the system requirements.
- To configure and perform installations, you use the Office Deployment Tool, which is a free download from the Microsoft Download Center. The Office Customization Tool that you previously used for Windows Installer (MSI) is no longer used.
- Instead of downloading the installation files from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC), you use the Office Deployment Tool to download the installation files directly from the Office Content Delivery Network (CDN) on the internet.
- When you install Office Professional Plus 2019, all apps are installed by default. But, you can configure the Office Deployment Tool to exclude certain apps from being installed.
- Office 2019 is installed on the system drive, which is usually the C:\ drive. The installation location can’t be changed.
- Updates to Office 2019, such as security updates and bug fixes, can be configured to be automatically downloaded and installed from the Office CDN. Individual downloads for each security update or bug fix aren’t available.